Mark Your Calendar: Next Generation Rail Supply Chain Forum:
May 3, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Connecting rail OEMs and manufacturers interested in
becoming suppliers to support intermodal transportation in the U.S.
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) recently formed a partnership to leverage agency capabilities to ensure the development of a domestic supply base to support intermodal transportation in the United States.
The objective of the Forum is to attract U.S. manufacturers to the supply base for next generation rail equipment being procured in the U.S. The Forum will facilitate connections between rail industry Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and both traditional and non-traditional rail suppliers.
This Forum represents an opportunity for manufacturers with capabilities that are potentially relevant to next generation rail to grow and diversify into this exciting emerging market.
ABOUT THE FORUM
The Forum brings large carbuilders together with smaller, capable and interested U.S. manufacturers to facilitate reaching the goal of 100% domestic content in railcars that will be publicly funded. The Forum provides a venue for smaller manufacturers to learn what products are needed and find out more about investments they need to consider when entering the rail industry. Key stakeholders that will participate include:
• Government agencies (U.S. DOT, state transportation, and local economic development agencies) and rail service operators that will be the public investors in the procurement and operation of next generation U.S. rail equipment, and that will be driving for 100% domestic content;
• Rail carbuilders, locomotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers that will be delivering next generation rail equipment for service in the U.S.;
• All size U.S. manufacturers who can potentially be suppliers, including manufacturers who currently supply to the rail industry, as well as those that do not, but could; and
• The DOC/NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) – a federal/state/private partnership operating in all 50 states that will serve to connect U.S. manufacturers with supply opportunities, and provide assistance to manufacturers as appropriate.
|8:00 a.m.||Registration and Breakfast|
|9:10 a.m.||Keynote Speakers – Joseph Szabo and Aimee Dobrzeniecki|
|9:55 a.m.||Next Generation Rail Equipment Keynotes: The Opportunity Space and Domestic Supply Chain|
|10:45 a.m.||Original Equipment Manufacturer and Tier 1 Supplier Panel|
|1:00 p.m.||Panel: Manufacturers Interested in Becoming Potential Rail Equipment|
|1:45 p.m.||Supply Chain Connectivity Discussion|
|2:45 p.m.||One-on-One Meetings among OEMs and Tier 1 Suppliers|
|3:00 p.m.||Networking Reception|
|6:00 p.m.||One-on-One Meetings and Reception Adjourn|
The full day Forum is $25 per person.
To register, visit MidAmerica Regional Council and click the “register now” button on the top right of the screen.
Please provide your DUNS number to sign up for the One-on-One Business Matchmaking meetings.
Contact us or a marketing partner for more information, if you have questions or for someone to visit with you before registering for the Next Generation Rail Supply Chain Forum:
– Please share with others you feel can benefit from this Forum –