Thank you for your interest in collaborating efforts with the Department of Veterans Affairs. As the Special Hiring Authority for Veterans with VRA, 30 or more disability, and Schedule A applicants, I look forward to working with you.
For interested applicants, please submit the required documents outlined below:
- Current Resume (Must include series, grade, step, starting and ending dates of employment, month and year, and hours worked per week, salary information and in describing your experience be clear and specific).
- Schedule A Letter, Proof of Disability, if applicable*
- DD-214 Member 4 copy, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable
- VA Disability Letter, if applicable
- Transcript Required (Qualifying based on Education)
- SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, www.opm.gov/forms, if applicable
- OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, www.opm.gov/forms, required
- Geographic location
- Position of interest or series/grade
Submission packet should be sent directly to me at teresa.pearson3
*Proof of Disability
Eligibility for appointment under this Schedule A (5 C.F.R. 213.3102(u)) authority consists of:
Proof of Disability: An individual wishing to be hired under this Schedule A (5 C.F.R. 213.3102(u)) authority must provide proof he or she is indeed an individual with mental retardation, severe physical disability, or psychiatric disability. This proof must be provided to the hiring agency before an individual can be hired.
This proof may be in the form of documentation obtained from licensed medical professionals, state or private vocational rehabilitation specialists, or any Government agency that issues or provides disability benefits.
For VA CBO WFM Recruitments:
Current vacancy – You are encouraged to apply On-line.
Non-Competitive Consideration: please notify me by e-mail the position title, series, grade, vacancy number, and location.
Teresa L. Pearson
Senior HR Specialist (Staffing/Classification/Outreach)
VHA – CBO – Workforce Management