It’s time again for you to consider people who could use a gift of transportation. Attached is the application.
This is all made possible through a collaboration led by Washburn Tech.
Recycled Rides partners auto students with instructors and professional mentors in the community to refurbish vehicles and give them to individuals or families in need. Local businesses and individuals also donate money, parts and supplies to get the vehicles running again.
The first car will be given away in May and Washburn Tech plans to give a ninth recycled ride in June.
Recipient Qualifications for a car through the Recycled Rides Program:
1. Have a valid driver’s license
2. Have proof of income/employment or a verifiable job offer
3. Applicant must be insurable. No DWIs or DUIs on your driving record.
4. Applicant must not have any other vehicle in the household in working order that belongs to them
5. Applicant must be drug free and no extensive criminal background
6. Under the age of 25, the applicant must have parental responsibilities
Please note that Washburn Tech is planning to repair two vehicles through the Recycled Rides program in the spring of 2014.
Applications will be considered and recipient(s) for those vehicles will be chosen by the non-profit committee composed of area organizations and volunteers.