Streets University offers a 6-8-12 week experiential learning program where students are introduced to web development via WordPress and entrepreneurship through salesmanship. Students meet twice a week for 2 1/2 hours per group session and have access to several locations providing wireless internet access to complete assignments and special projects. Projects include building or re-designing WordPress websites, preparing and initiatiing a social media marketing campaign and/or producing a short video promotional to share on YouTube and across other social media networks for a small business or nonprofit organization.
Students that complete a majority of all assignments & projects, along with having a satisfactory attendance record will receive their own Chromebook or HP Stream Laptop. Program activities include guest speakers, field trips, and an advisor or mentors to help with assignments and to refer prospective leads to youth participants as they pursue reaching their individual program sponsor goal.
How can you support youth involved?
1) Pledge to sponsor a student for the year (business/individual)
2) Join us as a youth advisor
3) Donate in-kind items useful to our students or the program
4) Get your company to donate/contribute to the program through their corporate giving or foundation.
5) Signup to be a guest speaker
6) Signup your business or agency to serve as a field trip location
IBSA, Inc. is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization formed in 1993 under the state laws of Kansas. Donations and contributions are fully tax-deductible as allowable by law.