We are proud to partner with Washburn Tech in support of their mission to deliver innovative educational and training opportunities to strengthen the communities they serve. Washburn Tech students in auto collision and auto service technology work with licensed technicians to refurbish cars for families in need.
Washburn Tech was the first educational institution in the nation to participate in Recycled Rides, a National Auto Body Council program, in which students and their mentors repair donated vehicles. It’s real-world work that’s touching real lives.
In May we will be awarding cars 23 and 24 and are searching for qualified individuals to be nominated to receive one of these cars. If you know of anyone deserving of such a gift please nominated them by completing the attached form or have them complete the form themselves.
If you aren’t familiar with the program here is a link you must check out! http://www.washburntech.edu/discover/community/recycled-rides.html
To be considered for a vehicle through the Recycled Rides Program, nominees must :
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have proof of income/employment or a verifiable job offer
- Must be insurable with no DWIs or DUIs on your driving record
- Must not have any other vehicle in the household in working order that belongs to you
- Must be drug free and no extensive criminal background
- If under the age of 25, you must have parental responsibilities
Deserving non-profit organizations in need of a vehicle may also be nominated. Please use appropriate applications attached.
DEADLINE Friday, March 30th at 5 p.m.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting me.